#COCREATESA FUND AWARDED TO 6 SOUTH AFRICAN – DUTCH SUSTAINABILITY PROJECTS
Cape Town, 25 June 2015 | #cocreateSA has announced the six winning South African-Dutch sustainability projects that are awarded a total of ZAR 600,000 from the #cocreateSA Fund 2015. The projects all focus on sustainability issues including water management, healthcare, agro processing and food security. Cape Craft and Design Institute, Khusel’indalo South Africa, Engineers Without Borders, Isidima Design & Development, Khaya Power and Red Plan are the South African parties that all teamed up with a Dutch partner, submitted their project proposals during the open call and got selected by the jury. With the help of the Fund, these partnerships can now bring their project to life.
Read the full press release here: http://goo.gl/Q4pMHh
On 8 April 2015, the Kingdom of the Netherlands proudly announced the launch of the new #cocreateSA Fund 2015. Through the fund an investment of R500,000 will be made in long-term South African-Dutch partnerships that co-create solutions for local challenges. By means of an Open Call, #cocreateSA invited project proposals from Dutch-South African partners. The deadline was 1 June, 9 AM.
With the investment the Netherlands continues its #cocreateSA Fund, which was launched in 2014 as a legacy of the Dutch involvement in World Design Capital Cape Town 2014. Last year, nine projects addressing sustainability issues have been awarded over R500,000 as part of the 2014 #cocreateSA Fund.
Project requirements 2015
The project must:
– be built on the principles of #cocreateSA: demand driven, sustainable, long-term and collaborative;
– contribute to the strengthening of the cooperation between the South Africa and the Netherlands and kick-start a
long-term partnership between our both countries;
– contribute to the improvement of the local business climate;
– focus on finding sustainable solutions for a relevant bottleneck or opportunity;
– be in one of the following sectors: agro & food; energy; life sciences & health; logistics; water (more info on the
Dutch key sectors);
– have an innovative approach;
– be implemented in South Africa.
The applicant must:
– be a South African organisation;
– have a Dutch partner.
– the minimum contribution is ZAR 25,000 and the maximum contribution is ZAR 100,000 (excluding VAT);
– the #cocreateSA contribution may not exceed 50% of the total cost of the project.
How to apply?
The following documents should have been submitted to email@example.com:
– a fully completed application form
– a detailed budget
PLEASE NOTE: the closing date for submissions was Monday, 1 June 2015 at 09:00 GMT+2.
Recipients of the #cocreateSA Fund will be announced during an event on 25 June 2015.
No correspondence shall be entered into with regards to the #cocreateSA fund.